By using the Efento website and the Efento Cloud platform (“Site”) you provide us with your data. Below we describe what data we collect, how we use it and how we handle it.
What data do we collect and why?
- Data related to your account – We collect and associate with your account data such as name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number (s) to which notifications from the Efento Cloud platform are to be sent, language selection and payment information. These data are provided voluntarily by the User, you can view and edit them in your profile settings after logging into the Efento Cloud platform
- Information about devices – Serial numbers of sensors and gateways sending measurements to the Efento Cloud platform. These data are necessary for the proper operation of the Site
- Usage data – information from devices and devices used to access the Efento Cloud website and platform: IP address, information about the browser / device you use and device-related identifiers. In addition (if you have enabled this feature on your device) we can collect data about your location.
- Cookies and similar technologies – We use technologies such as cookies to provide, improve and promote our platform and website. For example, cookies help us remember the username, set the default language, understand how the user uses the platform and the site, and improve their quality based on this information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies.
How do we NOT use your data?
- We do not sell or share your data with advertisers or third parties
- We do not use your profiling data
- We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area
- We do not save the history of changes to your data, we only have access to current data, the same as those visible in the “Profile” tab after logging into the account
- We do not store your data, if it is not necessary to provide the service. If you delete your account, we will delete your personal data
- We will not use your data to send advertising and marketing materials without your explicit consent
Who has access to the collected data?
- Administrators of the Site – administrators can see the data of users registered in the Efento Cloud platform (name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number, device serial numbers). However, they cannot see your password and cannot change it
- Users within your organization – if you belong to an organization to which other users also belong, they may see information such as your name and email address (e.g. if you send them an invitation to join the organization or if you have entered some changes that have been recorded in your organization’s system logs). Only users in your organization or people to whom you sent an invitation to join the organization have access to this data
- Other applications – you can give other applications permission to access your data (email address, phone number, sensor and gateway serial numbers, measurements) if you use our API. Your consent is required for other applications to access this data
- Law and order – We may disclose information to third parties if we find that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with the law, (b) prevent fraud and abuse, or (c) protect Efento’s property rights
How can I administer my data?
- You can view and edit personal data that is collected in the Efento Cloud platform after logging in to your account
- You have the right to be forgotten – if you delete your data we will also delete it. You can do it using the “Profile” tab after logging into your account
- If you suspect that your personal data is used contrary to the information contained in these regulations, you can report it to the appropriate authority controlling the use of personal data
Where is the data stored?
- We store data on our and our partners’ servers (e.g. hosting companies) in the European Union, it may happen that the data is stored outside your country
- Data can also be stored on the side of devices used to access the Efento Cloud platform (e.g. browser installed on your computer)
- If we are involved in a merger or acquisition, your information may be transferred under this agreement. We will notify you (e.g. via email to the address associated with your account) of each such transaction and let you make your own decision in this case.